NCCC Event Training & Practice Autocross - Mineral Wells Heliport on March 5, 2016
Our yearly event is just around the corner and to help ensure it will be a success, we are hosting an NCCC Event Training / Practice Autocross at the heliport in Mineral Wells, TX. So come out and learn / see how timing works, how to inspect a Corvette for competition, how work a corner, etc. Also come out and learn how your Corvette handles, regardless if you want to race or not - this is an opportunity to play in your Vette, in a safe environment. These are low-speed autocross events.
Note: This event is a non-sanctioned NCCC Event
This event is for EVERYONE so come out and have FUN. If you haven't attended one of these... check out the links below. The last few practice Autocrosses were held:
|Address: 6399 Columbia Crest Road, Mineral Wells, TX 76067|
6399 Columbia Road - Mineral Wells, Texas 76067
June of 2015 (Burleson ISD)
March of 2015 (cancelled)
March of 2014 (Mineral Wells)
April of 2013 (cancelled)
March of 2012 (cancelled)
March 0f 2011 (Glen Rose)
March of 2010 (Mineral Wells)
March of 2009 (Mineral Wells)
March 0f 2008 (Mineral Wells)
March of 2007 (Mineral Wells)
March of 2006 (Pennington)
March & July of 2005 (Pennington)
April of 2004 (Pennington)
July of 2003 (Mineral Wells)
If you are unsure of how to drive a course, there are numerous CTV members which would be more than willing to assist and ride with you. If you prefer, you can even start off by riding with an experienced NCCC competitor in their car.
Doug McMahan & Donald Hickman
Your Competition Chairperson & Co-Chairperson
Please plan to attend; the success of this event depends on member participation and we will have fun. Worker sign up sheets will be available at the membership meetings. Please take advantage of this practice and also sign up for one or more worker positions.
Workers will communicate during the practice autocross with FRS radios.
If you have one or more FRS radios please bring them.
Additional Event Info:
• Non-Sanction Request Number: SW-055-N01 thru N05
• Setup Time: 7:00 - 8:00 AM
• Registration: 9:00 AM
• Safety Tech: 9:00 AM
• Driver's Meeting: 9:30 AM
• Parade Lap followed by 1st car out: following Driver's Meeting & Parade Lap
• The event will take place Rain or Shine
• Location: Mineral Wells Airpark
• All Cars will be "teched" per NCCC Rules prior to them being allowed to run
• Open to CTV Members, Family Members and Visitors - especially Corvette owners
• Lunch - bring your own
• CTV Members $0 per participant
• Non-Cowtown Members $15 per participant
• You can take as many autocross runs as you would like to enjoy
• Event Coordinators: Douglas McMahan & Donald Hickman
• Corner Worker (Chair): Tony Sokoloski
• Course Setup (Chair): Doug - come learn how
• Equipment: Robert Geyer
• Registration (Chair): Glenda McMahan
• Safety / Auto Tech (Chair): TBD
• Staging: Bob Morrison
• Starter (Chair): Scott Wheeler & David Clark
• Timing (Chair): Becky Clark & Mary Pittman
• Timing Boards (Chair) & NCCC Governor: Glenda McMahan
• Timing Equipment (Chair): David Clark
What to bring:
• your current NCCC Membership Card, if not an NCCC Member (not required)
• Registration if you didn't mail it in w/payment
• Closed toe shoes are required for all drivers and passengers
• Helmets are required for all drivers and passengers - refer to your NCCC book or contact me if you have questions on your helmet. You should be able to borrow one if you don't have one. A legal helmet (Snell 2005/2010) start at around $80 at minimum motorcycle shops or check or check our website for other options. Summit Racing offers several - see our home page in the scrolling Marque for a link.
• FRS Radios if you have them
• Sun Screen
• Painters Tape / Contact Shelf Paper - some people like to mask off the edge of their wheel wells and rocker panels.
NOTE: Non-NCCC member participants and workers are not covered by NCCC insurance! If you are not a member of NCCC, NCCC Enthusiast Memberships are available for $35.